Please join us in praising God for what he has provided and asking him for the things we need…
- An amazing team of leaders. January 23-24 most of our leaders gathered at Jan and Larry Gates home to plan the second semester and pray. One of the highlights shared by many of our team leaders was the prayer time they shared with their team.
- An amazing Committee. God has blessed us with an amazing group of Committee members and a new chairperson. In November, Steve Ellison handed the Committee Chair baton to Mike Bernard. Mike is a natural team builder. He brings leadership and wisdom to our Committee. Steve will continue to serve as he is excited about the ministry we are building in Michiana.
- Financial health. We are grateful that the Lord has kept our surpluses above budget giving our staff the ability to keep ministry as our primary focus.
- Please pray for local, adult leaders. We have an amazing group of college students who are leading kids and want to continue to add to that number, but we need local adults to add longevity and sustainability to our teams. Caryn and Brad will be at South Bend Chocolate Cafe on Friday, Jan 30th, from 11:30-1:30 for any who are interested in exploring leadership.
- Please pray for our connection in the community. We are currently in 2 high schools, 1 middle school, and are recognized as a Club at Notre Dame. There is so much more potential. We need additional finances to continue our growth. Pray for the Lord to provide an additional $5000 per month in new, local funds.
- Please pray for our existing leaders. Pouring out to kids in a relational way can be draining work. Our leaders invest at least 6 hours a week walking with kids through trials and successes and sharing Christ along the way. Pray for spiritual, mental, and emotional protection for them.
These are the big ones. Please continue to pray with us as we seek to follow the Lord into the lives of kids in Michiana.
The YL Michiana Team