The passage that continues to surface among our Young Life community is Luke 10:2. In this passage Jesus says, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
- There are approximately 20,000 adolescents in South Bend, Mishawaka, and Granger. The percentage of these kids who have a caring adult walking alongside them and sharing with them the good news of Jesus Christ is undoubtedly low. The harvest is plentiful! Pray that the Lord would send workers from our churches into this harvest field.
- Pray for our ministries at Adams and Clay which are gearing up for the year. Our college leaders are back in town and ready to meet kids this year. Adams will meet for Bagels on Thursday mornings. Clay is meeting for Campaigners on Monday nights.
- Pray for the ministry that is building at Schmucker. We have our first hangout with kids on Friday, September 6th. Pray for us as we continue to build relationships with parents and kids.
- Pray for our Notre Dame Fellowship. The fellowships is an opportunity for ND students to grow in their faith and consider sharing it with middle school and high school students. Pray for the team as they meet students at ND activities night on September 3rd. Their first fellowship is on September 10th.
- Pray for our Committee which continues to grow. We have some big strategic decisions we are working through. Please pray for us as we continue these conversations.
- Young Life is an arm of the church. Every Young Life worker sees their church as their home base. Pray that we would serve our churches well in Michiana!
- Pray over our calendar as well. You can find it here.
Thanks for your faithfulness and your prayers!